Virtual New Horizons High School
Welcome to Virtual New Horizons High School, a part of the Pasco School District's Digital Learning Academy. Our online learning platform is designed to provide students in grades 9 through 12 with a safe and supportive online environment that celebrates diversity and values individuality. We are dedicated to preparing students not only academically but also socially and emotionally, equipping them with the skills and self-efficacy to tackle the challenges of the future. Our goal is to meet each student's unique needs and ensure they are ready for both college and their future careers.
How Our Students Learn
Virtual Classroom Experience:
- Four virtual class periods
- Daily meetings with subject area/course teachers
- Weekly advisory periods
- Learning delivery is 80% synchronous and 20% asynchronous
- We follow a quarter system
Asynchronous Learning: Learning can occur at any time, allowing students to work when they are most alert and when it best suits their schedules.
Synchronous Learning: Learning takes place at specific times during the day, with flexibility for students to manage their remaining study hours independently.
- Who do I contact if I have questions?
- Can students get all their high school requirements met through Virtual New Horizons High School?
- Which high school do students get their diploma from?
- Can students participate in sports/extracurricular activities?
- Can students who attend Virtual New Horizons also attend Running Start?
If you are a family not currently enrolled at a PSD high school, please visit the PSD website and enroll in New Horizons High School. If you are a family currently enrolled in a PSD high school, please contact your school counselor. New Horizons will contact you to schedule an intake meeting.